Wednesday 12 October 2011

What is the difference between “High Credit” and “Sanctioned Amount” on my credit report?

 ‘High Credit’ in the accounts section of your credit report is only displayed with credit card and overdraft accounts. It denotes the highest credit utilized in a single month over the life of that credit card. For example, 2 years ago I spent Rs. 75,000 on some emergency medical treatment on my credit card (which has a credit limit of Rs. 1,00,000). Given, that was the single highest monthly balance in the history of my credit card usage, this is what gets reflected in my credit report.

‘Sanctioned Amount’ is displayed along with credit facilities other than credit card and overdraft accounts. The Sanctioned Amount field denotes the amount disbursed to you.




   


         

No comments:

Post a Comment